Black Bear Our Bear area consists of nearly 100000 acres of the Northern Boreal Forest. We have very low hunting pressure and therefore offer some of the best hunting in the world. 30 percent of bears are color phase bears. These colors include Cinnamon, Chocolate and Blonde. At Willow Ridge Outfitters we encourage clients to have patience and harvest mature boars. We are trophy hunters and practice game management. How to judge black bears (male/female), size, etc. and shot placement will be discussed at the lodge upon arrival and prior to your hunt to help ensure success.
- All hunts are five day hunts.
- A deposit of $1000.00 is required at time of booking and is non-refundable (USD). Hunt must be paid for in full by April 1st. Please contact us for the full hunt price and dates available.
- You can book additional days (space permitting) at an additional cost.
- We offer opportunities for rifle, muzzleloader, crossbow and archery hunting.
Included in your hunt-
- Transportation to and from hotel. Arrive in Saskatoon Saturday, as we will be leaving for the lodge Sunday morning. Suggested hotels are Sandman and Heritage Inn. We recommend trying to book at one of these hotels as they are close to the airport and will allow for quicker pickup times
- Hearty breakfast, field lunch, home cooked meal and dessert for supper
- Bears hides will be trophy prepped by one of the guides.
- Hunters will be dropped at their stand midday and picked up at last light. All stands are carefully chosen by your guide based on bear activity, and weather conditions.
- We will close out your week with a Saturday morning breakfast and you will be taken back to Saskatoon and dropped off at your hotel.
Waterfowl Our bird area is located in middle of the Central flyway. Assuring hunters are in their blinds before sun-up, means we will never miss a minute of the action. Buck was born and raised in the Melfort area, and has great rapport with our local farmers and land owners. He has managed to secure thousands of acres exclusively for our hunters. Our hunting land consists of numerous waterholes and crops that are sown with cereals and legumes. We have premiere Waterfowl hunting territory right off our doorstep!! Our Guides and spotters have been hunting waterfowl for years and are ready to make this hunt one of your best. Some of the species we hunt include Greater and Lesser Canada Geese, Snow Geese and Speckle bellies. In the afternoon, we will hunt ducks which include mainly Mallards, Pintails, Widgeons, Teals, Gadwalls, and Northern Shovelers. Our duck hunts will take place primarily over waterholes and also in the fields. Don’t forget your hunting buddy, dogs are welcome!
- Three or five day hunts are available.
- A deposit of $500.00/$1000 is required at time of booking and is non-refundable (USD). Hunt must be paid for in full by September 1st. Please contact us for the full hunt price and dates available.
- All shot shell purchases can be arranged prior to the arrival of the hunt.
Included in your hunt-
- Transportation to and from hotel. You will be picked up the day before your hunt just after lunch, and taken back to the lodge. Suggested hotels are Sandman and Heritage Inn. We recommend trying to book at one of these hotels as they are close to the airport and will allow for quicker pickup times
- Early morning snack, hearty brunch upon return from morning hunt, home cooked meal and dessert for supper.
- Hunts will commence first thing in the morning. Afternoon duck hunting is also an option around specifically chosen water holes.
- We have also made arrangements for all Geese to be properly cleaned and prepared at an additional cost.
- We will take you back to Saskatoon commencing the hunt, drop off at your hotel.